I prefer to do my quilting before I do the applique. Maybe a bit unusual, but much easier with the quilting :-). Sorry but I forgot to take a picture at this stage.
The final stage was adding the tree. For this I used a commercial black fabric, fused it, cut out the shape of the tree and ironed it onto the top. Additional quilting was added. Just like my previous quilt I did a facing to avoid a very visible binding and this is how the final results looks like:
Blogger is having issues at the moment. I had a lot of trouble uploading the pictures and I do not know whether you can see them. When I edit the post I can see both pictures, but when I just view the blog I only see the first one. Not only on this blog, but also on my personal blog.