2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Friday 18 January 2013

Finally

Finally I have finished my last piece for 2012. I had trouble deciding exactly what i wanted to do- where have I been, where am I going ..... In the end I sketched a few ideas from photos I had taken on  previous visits to France , and then it struck me, it didn't matter if my piece looked like it might be from a page in a journal or sketch book, as I played around with different ideas. The flowery shapes at the top of the piece are actually printed with a dried half grapefruit, which lead to lovely organic shapes that looked flower like. The Madonna is a Madonna from the Bayeaux Cathedral, and I am rather enamoured of her. It seems she has been moved so she may be form a different period- I like the way she looks straight out  , gazing into the world- I left off the child because I am more interested by her gaze- and then of course is the  ultimate gazing activity- watching people walk by in Rue Mouffetard whilst drinking coffee.So in the end it is neither here nor there, but I am looking forwards out in to the world, making notes as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, the colours you have chosen are just beautiful. I love the idea that this is a little like a sketch book page,with all those influences coming together to make a whole.Printing with fruit and vegetables is a lot of fun, one can achieve some surprising and gorgeous results.

    ReplyDelete