2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Monday 12 August 2013

More Faces From the Past

I have finished this last piece for a few days now, but have not had time to post it on the blog. It is part of the ongoing series of faces from the past. This particular  figure is from the Royal Portal at Chartres Cathedral. I  reduced the photo I had taken to a drawing and then created a gocco screen in order to make the print ( and that wasn't without problems. I had stored the screen material in a place that is subject to a lot of heat in summer and the plastic has started to come away from the mesh, so that my screen is flawed, but as I haven't got the time or the money to get new mesh, i shall have to live with it! Gocco screens are similar to thermo fax screens but these days it is very expensive to get the bulbs to expose the screen as the company stopped making them)

The copper bands are actual copper tape, which I purchased somewhere in the past which i have cross stitched onto the surface ( it did have adhesive on one side of the tape but I thought I had better  make it more secure than just relying on the adhesive) and the rest of the piece has been machine stitched.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece Dijanne. The pomegranates add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete