2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Friday 30 August 2013

Indian Lady

I made this quilt a few weeks ago and then forgot to put it up on the website.
I made a drawing from a piece of Indian textiles that I bought in India and had a thermofax screen made.
I painted the background, block printed using a small wooden block, then appliqued the lady.
I then screen printed using my thermofax along the edge and added machine stitch.
The "shisha glass" patterns along the edge are made using sweet papers.
Gillian


No comments:

Post a Comment