2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Monday 19 August 2013

I have had some computer gliches (mostly the operator's inability!) but at long last I think I am up and running with the blog. My quilts are all up to date so here is the third one in the series of People, Places and Patterns. 
Whilst travelling in India a few people that I met made a big impression on me. It may have been their stoicism or fortitude in the face of adversity or it may have been their craftmanship and skills.
This piece is called the Bead Maker. His skill and ability to take a bead through a series of processes to make a beautifully shaped and coloured item was a treat to watch. I have integrated the image of the beadmaker with block printing which ia another traditional Indian way of adding pattern to cloth.
Pat Archibald

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've beaten the glitches! Fabulous piece - well done. I love the string of beads across the top of the quilt - I feel I could just pick them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very evocative Pat! and likewise I love the beads across the top of the stitched piece and of course I love the block printing :-)

    ReplyDelete