2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Murky Waters

I just realized I forgot to do the third posting. I finished it for my final surface design class in April, and had forgotten about it.

I printed  and stenciled the leaves using natural dyes on an indigo ground, then I quilted around them. I have had a lot of fun using my leaf stamps. I hope to do more with the idea in the future.

Over the top I put a deep blue organza, and hand stitched in the textured pleates. This was too bright, so I got a dark green organza and put in the circles of the ripple.This shows in the second picture, but the colours are very different in real life. The camera sees through the layers almost better than the eye. In the end I got an A+ for the class, so I guess I should be happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment