2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Thursday 4 July 2013

INDIGO 3

INDIGO 3
CRAZY FOR AFRICA
 
 
 
 
I am beginning to accumulate quite a number of scraps in my Indigo collection and this inspired me to make a crazy quilt. What fun I had- it was hard to stop! It is traditional to add a spider in it's web - I added a nice big hairy one!! The embroidery was a challenge as it isn't really my thing and I'm also a lefty but I had a go. the embellishments are from my collection and include bone, brass, steel, raffia, ostrich shell and glass beads.




2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, I so miss having regular access to African textiles. I am lucky that we have been learning to do indigo in school. I loved your use of all the little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's time for a visit Trish!
    Gretchen. Looks terrific. I'm not a fan of Crazy Patchwork - but how cna I resist when you are using my favourite fabrics!

    ReplyDelete