2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Where I am



Beginning of January and I thought as I am going to be away in February i thought I had better get on with doing my first piece.
I started by cutting out a template 10" x 20" just to see how big it really is. Panic.... it is big! It is bigger than the usual Journal Quilts I do, Worried about the time I have and all the committments I have I thought I would do some techniques I am familiar with.
I sketched out some ideas. I thought i would divide the piece into 5 each one showing a big part of my life eg my sewing machine, the hills that we are surrounded by, the village I live in , my bike, my walking boots and I section of some ethnic textiles (that I love). Left it on the table in the studio, had a coffee etc. Came back to it and thought why am I doing this I need to try something new or extend my thoughts etc. So i am now back to square one and have an idea... I am going to develop some work i did last year - our village was once home to 19 mills where they used to dye the cloth for naval uniforms - no mills left now but i think I will do a navy blue piece with gold and red. watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment