2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Saturday 1 March 2014

Volcano

Our planet is very diverse. It has mountains, valleys, caves and other elements that cause it to be so special. I chose to focus on some of these special forms and give them my interpretation.

My first quilt is the Volcano. Through fabrics I depict the eruption smoke, the lava spills destroying everything in its way and shades are characterized by a volcanic environment.
 
 
Shoshi

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the marbled fabric, Shoshi, it is just like flowing lava. I can't see the quilting very clearly, but I'm sure it's there! I look forward to seeing your next "special form". Elaine .

    ReplyDelete