2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Thursday 23 January 2014

Eureka!! I think I've got it!!

Have been mulling over the "earth" theme for 2014 and not getting inspiration at all. Didn't have much time to give it due to the deadline for the 2013 pieces I'm about to finish.

Then out of the blue....it came to me!!  I will be doing interesting and/or famous natural formations on planet earth.  Here is my list so far:  Morning Glory Pool (Yosemite National Park), Antelope Canyon (Arizona), Avenue of Baobabs (Madagascar), Redwood National Forest, Giant's Causeway (Ireland) and probably Skaftafell Ice Cave (Iceland).  These have been favorite images of mine for years.  Now I have the opportunity to memorialize them in my own art!  I might have to make a change or two along the way if one doesn't look like I want it to but this is the plan anyway.  The theme will stay the same.

Now back to work!!!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting ones. I admit I had to google them as I only knew Antelope Canyon :-)

    ReplyDelete