2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Saturday 12 October 2013

October Piece

I actually finished this piece before my August piece , but did not post it because I felt I should stick to the order- and yes I could have swapped them around , but somehow that did not feel right. This piece or face from the past has been inspired by the figures of the Royal Portal at Chartres, though whether it  depicts royalty  is unlikely and it is more likely that they represent figures from the old testament. I love the serenity of the figures ,their elongated shape ( though this one is chopped of around the waist) their outward gaze and in all reality their quite modern  faces. The type of dress the women  wore was known as a bliaut and are quite detailed in the sculptures. Anyway instead of getting tired of redrawing them and playing with them they seem to me to be becoming more fascinating and mysterious.

I have hand painted papers and transfer printed it onto  polyester non-woven ( lutradur) and then machine stitched. I want her to be luminous but was surprised by how luminous she actually became and in the flesh she is even more luminous because of the sheen on the polyester non-woven.

So for the fist time I joined Voyageart I am actually  slightly ahead of time. The  next piece is not due until December!

And don't forget last years pieces will be shown at OEQC at Veldhoven in the Netherlands, and some of our members will be there to tell you all about the 2012 pieces!

1 comment:

  1. As indeed we were and we spoke to loads of people who were intrigued by our pieces, they really studied them closely. This piece is beautiful with those wonderful colours and her costume looks very detailed and intricate. I shall love seeing these " in the flesh". Elaine

    ReplyDelete