2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Thursday 30 May 2013

A Trip to Suffolk.
 It feels as though I have been working on this forever! It's been a very busy Spring (well if you can call it that in this part of the world!) We have been up and down the motorways of the UK numerous times in the last couple of months.  I have taken advantage of this and used my time in the car to work on my second submission for this year. Using my circles theme - I decided to use Suffolk Puffs (most people hate them and I like to stir things up). But I wanted the images on the fabrics also to be circular in some way - that took a bit of work - and some hunting high and low to find just the right scrap of  fabric.  Then to enhance each one with some embroidery stitching.  This is probably my most major attempt at handwork to date!  Thanks to Trish and my left handed book I think I'm getting better at it!




Just admire that stitching - please!









Those of you with good eyesight may spot that the puffs are not actually stitched together yet - that will get done on our next road trip - in Canada! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done Magie!Your stitching looks great.

    ReplyDelete