2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Ophelia Submerged


To me, water remains full of mystery. Water is not just a liquid; it is mist, cloud, tea and tears. There is the flow of water, the colours, the way it creates reflections, its symbolism. Water remains inspiring and a symbol to me of intuition and creativity



The image Ophelia Submerged, shot by my friend Jason Tice of Geoectomy Photography, grabbed my imagination immediately, but it took time before I could find a medium that I could work with. I hope her sorrow and mystery come through.

I printed her using bubblejet set, then quilted her. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Trish. What a wonderful image - I can understand why it inspired you!

    ReplyDelete