2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 7 April 2013

Instruction Sheet


Instruction Sheet

For this second piece, I have succeeded in keeping to the set of fabric I chose in January. The background is randomly placed pieces of the palest fabric, fused down onto cotton wadding and free motion quilted. The words “cut, sew and quilt” were drawn on the deep orange, cut out, fused down and outlined with random zig-zag.
I have used the letters from VOYAGE on the left edge to demonstrate the three words, two for each action. So the V and O are cut and just fused, the Y and A are fused and sewn with invisible thread and the G and E are fused, sewn down and quilted with echo quilting. Not so easy to see on the photo but you can see on the real thing!
It is sitting happily next to the first quilt on my design wall and now onto the next. However I have fractured my pelvis in a skiing accident so am somewhat incapacitated at the moment. That should teach me, and at my age too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment