2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 16 December 2012

Last piece for this year

To be honest my last piece for this year has been finished some time ago, but I forgot to upload it. For the background I used a very busy complex cloth which I created in a workshop with Jane Dunnewold. I sliced the fabric and stitched very thin strips of dark grey fabric in between. This I repeated till I was happy with the result. On top of it I appliqued my favorite flower the poppy.
Working with the theme given for this year was for me rather difficult. I prefer to have a more clear cut theme. For coming year my theme will be trees.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite flower too Wil, it is beautiful. Love the background. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background fabric is really interesting Wil and I love what you have done with the intersecting lines-à la Kathy Loomis? Look forward to seeing your "trees" and perhaps to meeting you in 2013? Hope so, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete