2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

A late Fall

Well, I have finally had enough sun to photograph my 5th piece. I am late, and appologize. I hope to have #6 done before the new year.

This piece is inspired by one of my school projects. We learnt how to so block printing, and I found I really enjoyed the process. I use a thin foam with an adhesive backing for my blocks. It is easy to cut and prints beautifully. After doing the printing, I did some hand embroidery for accents, and then using lurex threads in the sewing machine, I accented the leaves.



Living in Ghana, I hadn't seen a fall for many years, and this year, it was wonderful to watch the leaves turn all the wonderful fall colours. It also fit in perfectly with the colour theory we were learning. I learnt that if you mix red and green, you get a brown, and there is was before my eyes on many bushes. Now we are into rain and cold, but the fall colours still warm my work.

2 comments:

  1. Worth the wait in my opinion. Good to see the studying is having an effect. Tes, seeing Fall would be a novelty for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and such delicate prints.Printing with your own blocks is such fun and so rewarding because of being unique. Would love to know more about your course, Trish! Elaine.

    ReplyDelete