2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 30 September 2012

5th quilt

I love the open spaces, green fields with a big blue sky above. But summer is over and the grasses are turning into their pale winter colors. Here is my tribute to that.
Background is made from different ice cube dyed fabrics. The shape of the grass is discharged. This turned out way too subtle so I painted it with a golden Lumiere.

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried to discharge on pieced work Wil - only on whole pieces of dyed fabric - perhaps I'll try it now even if the effect is a you say - too subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love all those colours in your background, Wil. My ice cube dyeing didn't turn out so well! I wonder what you used for your discharging? I have tried some decolourant which is quite good.Lumiere paint is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete