2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Thursday 23 August 2012

Building Blocks

 It has taken ages to post this picture...camera problems and most pictures don't appear clear enough...but for the moment it is all I have.
Each quilt seems to reflect my current preoccupation. We are developing our business The Stitching Project quite nicely, training women, developing designs, finding clients- well we also need more space....So that has been very much on my mind of late.
I was fiddling around with some offcuts and it started staring at me- our stitching work will be the building block for our dedicated women's space...and so that was all that would come to mind to make.
I have assembled the piece but it very much reflects my life at the moment, my work is so entwined with the work of others....all same, same but a little different.

3 comments:

  1. Your close up of the stitching has worked really well Fiona - and gives a real feel for the whole.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching is beautiful and the explanation gives it such meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona - what a great piece. and from what I've heard about the stitching project your piece is very apt. I envy all that lovely hand stitching - when I attempt anything like that it looks like - well you know!!

    ReplyDelete