2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Monday 16 October 2017

Work in progress


I have been a lot less active creatively this year as time has been needed on other activities - all very enjoyable but only now trying to catch up with work I have planned out but not executed. I am involved in a contemporary embroidery  exhibition next year at a local Art Gallery and that is taking time, both in the organisation and in the creation of some pieces of work.                                                                                                                                                      
 My Voyage pieces are at last on the starting blocks - I am working on developing some of my watercolour sketches  to use on  fabric using thickened Procion dyes - we will see how that works out! The sketches are from Norfolk on the East Coast of England where I go every year to sketch and paint with a watercolour artists group.

I am also using the East Coast as a basis for some felted and stitch pieces for the Art Gallery Exhibition. This piece is based on  a sketch I did of the tidal salt marshes at Blakeney Point in Norfolk and is worked on linen with dyed threads and silk strips felted in and is now ready for some more stitching.


Looking forward to seeing everyone's pieces this year - I had better get a move on with mine!

 Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment