2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Thursday 31 December 2015

Midnight Forest

I seem to be a last minute kind of person (though usually not) as I have just finished my forth piece for this year.
Some time ago I accidently developed an interesting screenprinting method that, if all goes well, produces nice fabrics in one go. After soaking the fabric in soda I lay it crumpled on a piece of plastic, making sure that there are nice folds, and then simply use the screen with one or two colours.
I had one quite large piece of turquoise and fuchsia, which really looked like a forest to me. I juggled around to find the necessary size, without being too symmetrical or too direct.
I then used all sorts of metallic threads that I had at home to quilt it to death. Metallics are generally difficult to photograph, and this piece is no exception. But I hope that you will like it more when seeing it live.

For reasons that I do not understand the photos though portrait orientation on my computer appear as landscape. Sorry I cannot solive this problem.

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting effect Ildiko, must try it as I am a screen printing fanatic and will try anything that uses a screen. The quilting has really heightened the effect.

    ReplyDelete