2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 12 July 2015

Ildiko's Taiwan piece

A few weeks ago I found loads of pictures on Caryl Bryer Fallert's page about a trip that they made to the Galapagos Islands as an item on their bucket list. One album was full of photos of blue-footed boobies, about which I had never heard before. I did a bit of research about these funny looking birds, and produced this quilt.
The background fabrics are colours of the bird itself: lot of blues with a bit of white, grey and brown. The text is a bit of cliché I know but could not come up with anything more original. I made a stencil of this, stitched it first, and then painted with acrylics. The quilting in the background are all blue feet (was rather boring I must say). In the left upper corner I quilted the outline of a booby in a funny position (based on a real photo), and painted its feet turquoise.



1 comment:

  1. Love the blue feet quilting! Even if it was a little boring!

    ReplyDelete