2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 25 November 2014



'ABOBOGOKE'
 
 
 
 
I have always wanted to experiment with 'Bogolan' or mud cloth. After sewing 3 pieces of hand woven cotton together, I dipped the panel in Turmeric and water then dried it. I mixed henna powder and balsamic vinegar and used the resulting 'mud' to make my design which is based on Aboriginal symbols. The result is not as dark as I would have liked but I did have fun!!



3 comments:

  1. That does sound like fun doing that! I still think it would be a neat project one day to have a go with some real mud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would love to have a go! This was very Jua Kali as they say here....

      Delete
  2. Having fun is the main purpose of what we do! And I love the various patterns you have included.

    ReplyDelete