2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Bamboo VI





At last, the final piece in my “Bamboo” series.  After six excursions into the “bamboo” theme, I’m ready for a change.  This final piece is simpler than the previous three pieces but I have tried to incorporate some of the design techniques that I explored in my previous pieces.  I wanted to convey a feeling of playfulness and happiness with this piece so I chose commercially printed fabrics and bright colors to convey that feeling.  The piece is machine pieced, machine appliquéd and machine quilted.  I discovered many valuable things about color and design while doing the bamboo series and I'm looking forward to the 2014 series of quilts from all of us.

1 comment: