2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Friday 29 November 2013

Sneeuw – Dutch for Snowy Weather, thanks to Wil.


Sneeuw – Dutch for Snowy Weather, thanks to Wil.
My last quilt for this year's series. I wanted to make it look cold and wintry, suitable for December. I chose the greys, creams and purples for that reason and I am pleased with how it turned out.
The sky background is raw edge appliqué, machine quilted in place. I had fin making the buildings which are fused and machine stitched, as is the tree. There is a little hand stitching too. The word “Sneeuw” is outline quilted and foiled twice to make sure it really shone.
Now I await the result of our vote on the theme for next year.

3 comments:

  1. Mooi, is dutch for beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clever choice of fabrics for the background adds depth and really pulls you in visually to the piece Elaine. You should reproduce the image as a Christmas Card!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, as I don't live in that winter weather, it really reflects the cold and snowy weather. Good chice of colors.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete