2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 16 June 2013

Circles on the edge.

Circles don't have straight edges so I have arranged these as close to the edge of the size for this year as possible. I still like the idea of dangly bits so decided not to fill the centre but leave just a trail of circles passing through. I assembled the piece as quilt as you go in a rectangle then trimmed out the 'spaces' in the centre. Then added more machine quilting. Once again I have used fabrics all ftrom my stash, this time choosing primary colours. I got stuck when the structure worked and colours weren't enough. Thanks to Esther in Jo'burg for the black and white idea! Alison



2 comments:

  1. Cool quilt, I love it. I've been playing with the circle attachment for my machine and having some fun with circles too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Alison. There's a sense of fun to it that appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete