2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Wedding Guests


As a new member to the group I am excited about a series of new work. I have decided to take the theme 'People, Places and Patterns'. It is quite a big theme to tackle but I want to concentrate on featuring the people that I meet on my travels and adventures alongside the traditional patterns in the fabrics or architecture that pertain to those places.


The first piece that I have done is called 'The Wedding Guests'. I was in Goa and was accidentally invited into a wedding celebration in a temple.  The bride and groom were just getting their photographs taken. Then the mother of the bride and groom were invited into the picture. It is a serious business having your picture taken in India and this is reflected in the piece that I have done. Or perhaps it was not such a happy arranged marriage - who knows! The block printing down the side of the piece is a tradition throughout India and of course there is a sprinkling of sequins and glitz on the surface of the little quilt.




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group, Pat. What a lovely piece! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece Pat. And a lovely story. I know in West Africa it's often very hard to get people to smile when you are taking their photos! Welcome to Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I love the ballance of the two images. How did you get the background colours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely contrast of colours between the background and the the figures and patterns.They stand out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete