2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Voyage 5. Hole Cloth Quilt



I love to do hand quilting and have made several traditional style whole cloth quilts over the years. So far I have made all my voyage pieces by machine and I have realised that, to be complete, a hand quilted piece should be included. I didn't want it to be traditional. I have used a photo of a model of the structure of pollen I took on a walk in Kew Gardens as inspiration for the pattern. Then, with encouragement from Magie and her friend Isobel, during a recent visit to Yorkshire, I added holes! I have particularly enjoyed making this one. Thanks to Graham for the photos!
Alison

1 comment:

  1. What a clever take on the traditional quilt Alison - and I find it very comforting to see hand quilting done in a way that it can stand alone as a piece without colour or embellishment.

    ReplyDelete