Travelling on 2016.......

Travelling on..............

We move forward as a group into our fifth year with the challenges of working our pieces in series at A2 size. The working theme for this year is 'Treasures'; we will be producing four pieces in total over the year.

As an added challenge this year a number of the group have prepared work for a group exhibit at the Taiwan International Show in 2016.

Our main exhibition this year will be in Prague in April where the 'Nature Abstracted ' series will be shown; we hope these pieces will travel across the water for an exhibition in Minneapolis, USA in June.

Monday, 21 April 2014

Rivers

Our main source of life on this planet is water. I was attracted by the bright blue color of the rivers etching the land. It is more vivid when you fly over and look down to see it curves between mountains and forests.
Through fabrics I depicted it by using bright light blue fabrics cut through the brown/green batik fabric.
 
Shoshi

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric you have used for the rivers, Shoshi and the quilting around the edge which I could see when I enlarged the photo. I know you like using green in your work! Elaine.

    ReplyDelete