2014 The Journey continues

Our experiences as a group over the last two years has help develop and inform our direction of travel - our first exhibition this year (Veldhoven October 2013) will be followed by two more in 2014; London in early April for the 2012 pieces and Beaujolais in Mid April for the 2013 series.

We move forward in 2014 maintaining the same size for our work (A3 30x42 cm or 12 x17 inches); after some discussion the group has determined that an open theme of 'The earth' will be the theme for this year. This will give us each the opportunity to interpret the theme in our own way to produce a series of six pieces, one every two months.


Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Glacier

One of the aerial views I wanted to do was a glacier. A diffcult one, but the pounded fabric I created last month was the perfec starting point. I unrolled and split a cotton ball and added this to add a bit more white to the quilt. Covered everything with a black tulle and stitched through it. This is how it turned out:


5 comments:

  1. OOOOO I love this one! The overlay of the black tulle tones down the super white of the cotton ball just enough. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at an enlarged version, by right clicking the mouse on the image, I was able to see much more clearly the stitching, which really makes the piece resemble an aerial shot of a glacier. A clever idea, Wil. Do I assume that pounded fabric is the same as felted? Very dramatic piece, I like it very much. Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Elaine, pounded fabric is not like felted fabric. Check out my blog post of April 29.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great Will, as Elaine said - very dramatic. I too will have to check your blog to see what pounded fabric is! And thanks for the tip Elaine - about getting the enlarged image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Wil, your use of different dying techniques is so exciting!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete