2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Saturday 13 January 2018

 
 
 
Freedom
 My inspiration for 2017 theme "Freedom" was President Franklin D. Roosevelt's speech also known as the four freedom speech. In the speech, during the WWII time, he made a break with the tradition of US non-intervention policy. He outlined the U.S. role in helping allies already engaged in warfare.
I took these four fundamental freedoms and incorporate it's motive into quilts by breaking technical rules and use torn fabrics (Erika Carter's style) to create the quilt itself. In addition, I choose fabrics that – in my opinion – reflect the spirit of the freedoms people ought to enjoy.
Freedom of speech

 
 

Freedom of worship


 
Freedom from want


Freedom from fear


Shoshi Rimer




 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Shoshi, I love your choices for interpretation of the theme. Your quilts are exquisite in color and design. I wish I could see them in person!

    ReplyDelete