2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Cliffs

 
 
Moving on with this year's series, I keep concentrate on nature's shapes.
In this quilt I drew cliffs at sun set standing at the foot of a river that flows slowly. I used a hand dyed fabric which was made especially for this quilt, but to be honest I was so surprise with the result, as I didn't imagine I can get the right shape I wanted to have. Then I added a commercial cotton fabric that matched the colors. The free motion quilting helped me get the right shades and depth.
 
 

 
Shoshi


No comments:

Post a Comment