2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Three Done - One to go

I completed the third piece for my series entitled "Forces of Nature" for the Voyage group.

This piece is entitled "Danger Below" and it is an iceberg. Again, these are all my own hand-dyed and surface designed fabrics. The exception is the top layer of the iceberg above water. That is a random, loosely woven piece given to me by a friend.  I think it makes the perfect iceberg!!


DANGER  BELOW


The fourth and final piece for Voyage this year is started. Plan is to have it completed before I go to Duluth for the Minnesota Quilters Association annual Quilt Show 2015.  More about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment