2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Six Countries On Earth Where My Feet Have Touched The Ground.

This year has been a significant journey for me. Moving back to the UK after twenty five years of living overseas. We have lived in six countries outside the  UK, always in rented accommodation. It's been an amazing journey. It's also wonderful, now, to be settled in our own home with all our memories around us. I have made all six of my pieces for 2014 within the last couple of months and have enjoyed sifting memories and fabrics to come up with ideas to represent each country. So many memories such a small spaces. Much more is going on in my head than I can record.

I'd like to thank my friend Fatima Ismail for drawing the Colosseum and my feet for me as I just couldn't get them to come out right myself.

1, Rockville Maryland on the edge of Washington D.C. USA. cherry blossom and monuments.
2, Harare, Zimbabwe, out first safari.
3, Asmara, Eritrea. Driving " over the edge of the world" going to Masawa on the coast down the hairpin bends.
4, Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. Unforgettable skylines.
5, Nairobi, Kenya. Gorgeous sunsets and the outline of marabou storks in the trees.
6, Rome, Italy. The colosseum and ice cream.










































2 comments:

  1. They are wonderful Alison! You are so creative. I recognize one of the fabrics in the Jo'burg Cape town one! Well done for catching up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great,Alison.The best bit is seeing the different footwear that you have! I don't know which is my favourite......perhaps the South African skyline. They make such an interesting set and will look wonderful hung all together.

    ReplyDelete