2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Sunday 15 December 2013

Suspended in Circles.

Another circle fabric I was given. This time I wanted to make the circles as spaces. I stitched them then cut them out and tried to finish the edge with satin stitch. no good! I couldn't get it flat and it looked awful so I unpicked the satin stitch. The edge went flat and I straight stitched over the frayed edges of stitching to hold them down. Then I did the same on all the circles. I cut the background with the lines of circles on the fabric not quite straight which gives a slightly wonky effect. The small things suspended in the circles are collected items from over the years. Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment