2014 The Journey continues

Our experiences as a group over the last two years has help develop and inform our direction of travel - our first exhibition this year (Veldhoven October 2013) will be followed by two more in 2014; London in early April for the 2012 pieces and Beaujolais in Mid April for the 2013 series.

We move forward in 2014 maintaining the same size for our work (A3 30x42 cm or 12 x17 inches); after some discussion the group has determined that an open theme of 'The earth' will be the theme for this year. This will give us each the opportunity to interpret the theme in our own way to produce a series of six pieces, one every two months.


Saturday, 17 November 2012

Petra

Petra
I sat down and thought about all the fabulous places I have been in 2012 and realised that I hadn't produced a piece of work to remember my trip to Petra in July so here it is.
It is painted on canvas with added textured paint, applique and machine embroidery. I have included some newsprint that I brought back from my trip.
Looking at it, it brings back so many fabulous memories for me, I can just feel all that beautiful sunshine, music, dust and good company

No comments:

Post a Comment