2017

We move forward from two successful exhibitions in 2016 in Prague and in the USA to the challenge of an exhibition in the Netherlands in the Autumn. We continue to work on A2 sized pieces in portrait format and will be producing four pieces over the year with the theme of 'Freedom'. An essential part of our art is working in series to a common format which does give us all a framework for our creative endeavours.

Friday 9 November 2012

Autumn in Tel-Aviv


Ten years ago, UNICEF announced Tel Aviv as "The White City" because of the world's largest concentration of Bauhaus style houses in this city. Today, in many parts of Tel Aviv rise skyscrapers made of steel and glass, but I love to walk around those streets where you can still see the old houses painted in white. One grim gray day of early autumn was my inspiration for making this voyage quilt.
 



 
 
Shoshi Rimer

3 comments:

  1. I love it Shoshi. I feel like i am standing in front of those fabulous buildings with your brother telling me all about them. I just cant imagine Tel Aviv on a grey day. I thought it was a blue sky day every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian. It reminded me too the trip we made in those little narrow streets, only then it was really a blue sky. Indeed it is not usual to catch a gray sky in our area, so I wanted to depict it in my work

      Delete